- ‘Billion Beats’ is an e-newspaper started by which famous Indian?
2. How do we better know Oscar winning actor “Krishna Bhanji Pandit”?
3. On 2nd October 1957,”X” was watching performance at Delhi’s ramlila ground,at the red fort.During which there was a fire outbreak in the shamiana due to short circuit. ‘Y’ a 14-year old scout ,took out his knife and ripped open the burning tent,saving the lives of hundred trapped people. To honour this X started Z ,which is the origin of Z,to honour such people..
4. Who is this?
5. X is a plucked stringed instrument used mainly in Hindustani music and Indian classical music.
X is believed to have been derived from the veena, an ancient Indian instrument,
which was modified by a Mughal court musician to conform with the tastes of his Mughal patrons
and named after a Persian instrument, meaning three strings.
In appearance, X is similar to the Tanpura, except it has frets.
X saw further use in popular music after the Beatles featured it in their compositions “Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)”,
“Within You Without You”, “Tomorrow Never Knows” and “Love You To”.
Their use of the instrument came as a result of George Harrison’s taking lessons
on how to play it from Shankar and Shambhu Das. Brian Jones of the Rolling Stones also used X in “Paint It Black”
and a brief fad began for using the instrument in pop songs. Identify X.
6. The “Dobson Unit” is a common unit for the measuring ________?
7. What do the following people have in common?
William Shakespeare – Dramatist
•Ingrid Bergman – Actress
•Fran Warren – Musician
•Betty Friedan – Author
•Levi Morton – Former U.S. Vice President
Hint – Nothing to do with their profession.
- A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
2. Ben Kingsley
3. X-Jawaharlal Nehru
Z-Godfrey Philips bravery awards
4. Pranab Mukherjee
6. Ozone concentration – Dobson is the unit for measuring Ozone concentration.
One Dobson Unit is the number of molecules of ozone, that would be required to create a layer of pure ozone 0.01 millimetres thick at a temperature of 0 degree Celsius and a pressure of 1 atmosphere.
7.They died on their birthdays.
Thanks for reading. Follow for more.